Friday 31 May 2013

New Waves.. Avril Lavigne - 'Here's To Never Growing Up'

AvrilLavigne

Avril Lavigne is probably an artist that you didn't expect to ever see on this blog - indeed, neither did I! My obsession with Avril had waned with childhood and I carried only a passing interest of her through my teens and into my twenties, viewing her as someone who - though definitely physically ageless - seems to be trying too hard to cling to her youth.

Lavigne definitely has a talent for writing/co-writing a catchy pop song, and as the only song I can recall from her fourth album, Goodbye Lullaby, 'What The Hell' certainly continued in this vein. However, I approached 'Here's To Never Growing Up' with a bit of trepidation; it certainly sets its mission statement straight off the mark, but surely there's a time where this type of song gets... old. Lavigne and her original audience are aging out of this pop-rock bracket, however her music is not. The track - co-written by future hubby Chad Kroeger (yes, that Nickelback Chad Kroeger) - is radio friendly fodder, and one that I felt almost brainwashed into liking by the time I finished the review for RenownedForSound.com

You can read the review of the song here or by clicking the pictures, and you can watch the music video for the song here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment