Friday 10 May 2013

Flashback Friday.. Blood Red Shoes - 'Don't Ask'


You may or may not have noticed, but it's been a slow one this week - apologies guys! I've been tied down finishing uni projects as deadlines crept ever closer, but I am now somewhat freed for the summer. I seriously hope that I get the grades that I'm hoping for, and I'll be throwing myself into preparing for my third year modules over the summer; it's time to get hardcore - I'm determined to get a 1st! A bit of sun wouldn't go amiss though would it (the weather - forever a British conversation topic!)? Our two days of summer appear to have dissipated back into a moody looking spring, and here was me preparing for the next BBQ!

Anyway, a Flashback, for a Friday! Here we have Blood Red Shoes - a band that my boyfriend introduced me to some months ago now via their third album, 2012's In Time To Voices. Despite the band being only a two piece - compiled of  Laura-Mary Carter and Steven Ansell - they really do manage to pack a punch. The song I've picked out was the lead song from 2010's Fire Like This, and 'Don't Ask' is an energetic, addictive introduction to the band, showcasing Ansell's, at times, frenetic drums and Carter's commanding guitar whilst highlighting their favoured dual vocal attack of the pair. It really is an equal team effort that manages to be rather impressive, especially considering how much noise the two manage to generate in comparison to other two-piece bands such as The White Stripes and The Kills, both of whom prefer a rather minimal sound in accordance to their minimal line-up.

The band are currently only scheduled to play Pentaport Rock Festival in South Korea on the 4th August.

Their most recent release, the Water EP, is available now.

Are you a fan of Blood Red Shoes? What's your favourite Blood Red Shoes song and/or album?

http://www.bloodredshoes.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/bloodredshoes
https://twitter.com/bloodredshoes

No comments:

Post a Comment