Wednesday 1 May 2013

April BUZZ

Out with the old and in with the new as they say, and seeing as April is now behind us, I'd like to welcome you to the the first installment of my new feature - MONTHLY BUZZ!

In this feature I'll be highlighting some of the very best music that I've come across this month, amongst other things. So, to get the ball rolling.......

Peace @ The Kasbah, Coventry

I finally caught Peace live, and let me tell you they were brilliant - literally flawless! Whilst Superfood dropped out last minute, the support band JAWS were also very good and, as a whole, I have never seen a crowd so euphorically happy to be dancing and singing to their favourite band's songs! May the world be converted by the cult of Peace!

Swim Deep - 'She Changes The Weather'


This time, one month ago, I found myself pleasantly shocked by the first new song to be revealed to the world from their forthcoming debut album, Where The Heaven Are We. Even listening to it now, the song it still beautifully arranged and is easily their most mature effort; if you've missed it, it's a must listen!

No Doubt - 'Just A Girl'

You'll be seeing more of this further on in the week because, as I'm sure we're all aware, there are only a certain amount of Fridays (and therefore Flashback's) in each month. But yes, it's that time of year when the sun finally shows its face and certain genres of music become absolutely essential - in this case, ska and  No Doubt, and whilst I've mainly been listening to Rock Steady - the album from the 'Hey Baby' era - 'Just A Girl' is a classic song which encapsulates what the band is about.

Charli XCX - 'True Romance'
Charli XCX finally dropped her debut album, 'True Romance', and whilst it may have felt somewhat overly familiar to certain fans who lap up every single snippet that she drops (ie. me), it was a really strong effort, replicating that seamless feel of a mixtape and is jam-packed with high quality alt.pop choons. 'Cloud Aura' feat. Brooke Candy is a grower!


Daft Punk - 'Get Lucky'
Need I say more? It's the song that blew up April and threw everything else out of the water because, despite the retro disco makeover, Daft Punk are back and are back and milking the hype machine for everything that it is worth, they're going to be bigger than ever. 2013 is already their year.

            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there it is, the first MONTHLY BUZZ installment!

What do you think about April BUZZ? Do you like the installment? Do you think what I've posted above is BUZZworthy? What are your picks from April?

No comments:

Post a Comment