Monday 27 May 2013

Rapid Review.. Laura Marling - 'Once I Was An Eagle'

LauraMarling

I admit, I have never overly immersed myself in the music of Laura Marling. The only reasons I have for this are:
LauraMarlingOnceIWasAnEagle
  1. When it comes to acoustic and/or folk music, I prefer male voices, eg. Jamie Woon, Jonny Craig, Justin Nozuka, Josh Kumra (off the top of my head, and they all begin with a 'J':- WOW.)
  2. My limited exposure to Marling had left a somewhat depressing, lovelorn mark on my consciousness, and it's rather rarely that I actively choose to listen to such lyrically heavy music.
Therefore, despite approaching Marling's new album, Once I Was An Eagle, with a touch of trepidation, I must admit I was pleasantly surprised, despite her tales of romantic misdemeanour. I'm rather proud of the review I wrote for Renowned For Sound.com so please feel free to read it here :) 

I gave it 5/5 - yes people, a mighty 5/5! Marling truly captivated her audience with this album!

No comments:

Post a Comment