Friday 22 June 2012

Flashback Friday's.. Incubus - 'Black Heart Inertia'


Most everyone should have heard of Incbus. A lot of people probably don't realise that they know their music, though you may surprise yourself by secretly knowing all the words to 'Drive', 'Pardon Me', 'Megalomanic' or 'Are You In'.

All of those songs pre-date this one, as 'Black Heart Inertia' was only released in 2009 as part of their Best of.. compilation Monuments and Melodies. 

'Black Heart Inertia' is not one of the most immediate Incubus songs; the first few times that I heard it, I found it rather nondescript and almost mediocre from a band that I expected more of. However, somewhere along the way, something just clicked, and I got it, and boy, am I glad that it did!

If I ever feel like listening to Incubus, this is the song that I turn to first, it really is amazing. Once you finally get caught by the chorus, you begin to notice how brilliant the parts are that you missed before; the flow of the verses, the lyrics and metaphor, even - simply! - the music itself!

The video is perhaps the most un-Incubus video I've ever seen, and I doubt that it's intended to be taken that seriously.

If you've never listened to Incubus, listen to the live version of 'Pardon Me' below, or click the links to the aforementioned songs above. Hopefully, you'll see how diverse they are and find yourself becoming a new fan!

Their newest album If Not Now, When? is available now.


http://incubushq.com/main
http://www.facebook.com/incubus
http://soundcloud.com/incubus


'Pardon Me'(Live Acoustic)



No comments:

Post a Comment