Sunday 16 June 2013

New Waves.. Caro Emerald - 'Liquid Lunch'

CaroEmerald

I've always been a bit intrigued by Caro Emerald  since I first came across her music via some TV advert for her 2010 debut album, Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor. Her retro jazz appealed to the unpursued penchant for the genre, however I failed to indulge once again.

However, the fact that her second album - The Shocking Miss Emerald - managed to crashland at the top of the UK charts earlier this year did not pass my notice, and after catching her appearance on Jools Holland, I snapped up the chance to review her latest single, 'Liquid Lunch' for Renowned For Sound.

It really is a treat, combining sassy jazz and swing with surprisingly witty lyrics, I was hooked from the get go. Read what else I had to say here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment