Wednesday 28 November 2012

New Waves.. The Family Rain - 'Trust Me... I'm A Genius'


Bit slow this week, I've been busy with uni and seeing my boyf and friends, as well as being ill.

But anyways, his rowdy little number is by Bath based trio, The Family Rain. 'Trust Me.. I'm A Genius' is reminiscent of classic rock turned bluesy, but with a cocky edge that only the young can pull off, making the song feel exciting and relevant as opposed to tired.

To me, it brings to mind a bulkier and less lazy sounding Black Box Revelation, with Jack White added for some extra oomph.

The single is out now via iTunes. 

There's a limited run (250 copies) of 7" available through Rough Trade at £4.99, though these don't seem to be available until 7th Jan 2013.

What do you think of The Family Rain/ 'Trust Me... I'm A Genius'?



No comments:

Post a Comment