Friday 9 November 2012

Flashback Friday.. The Cure - 'Boys Don't Cry'



Alas, another night on the tiles dictating this Friday feature!

Last week was my 20th birthday, and after celebrating with a nice meal with the family on the Friday, I went on the razz up Birmingham on Saturday night with some friends. After flitting between The Yardbird - a jazz bar - and Lloyds, we found ourselves in Snobs, an idie/alt. music club; from my slightly patchy memory, I can clearly remember The Cure's 'Boys Don't Cry' permeating through the haze!

'Boys Don't Cry', along with 'Love Cats' and 'Friday, I'm In Love', has to be one of The Cure's most well known songs, if not the most mainstream. It is easily, a cult song. Released in 1979 (!), it still manages to sound fresh, and will no doubt continue to withstand time challenging musical shifts where the music of today most likely fail.

The Cure returned to the festival circuit this year, headlining the 2012 Reading and Leeds festivals in the UK, have a looksee at their set here.

My favourite Cure song is 'Love Song', how 'bout you?

http://www.thecure.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment