Friday 2 November 2012

Flashback Friday.. My Chemical Romance - 'I'm Not OK'



AND IT'S MY BIRTHDAAAAAYY!

But seriously, I guess it's time to mourn my youth because I am most definitely a little old lady destined for 10 cats from here on in! But looking back on a decade of music that I have loved and, quite often, no longer love, it seems fitting to pick one of my favourite songs to be my birthday Flashback Friday!

Music has been so important to me in so many big and small ways, from the places I go, the people I bond with, the way I dress, my view points on life - it really is important to not underestimate the power that music can have over your life! Going through my iPod, I really struggled over what to choose, it's impossible to just choose one song to encapsulate this past decade of my life. The song that I chose surprised even me, but it holds a lot of nostalgia.

'I'm Not OK' by My Chemical Romance was one of those songs that my group of friends in high school knew inside out - alas, even my one friend, who only listens to R'n'B, knew all of the words due to us always singing it. It brings back a lot of memories when life and friendships were simpler, before our separate paths in life got in the way, at a time where we weren't necessarily popular with our classmates for petty reasons, and it felt like us against the world. For a period of time, this was our anthem! I can still hear us singing it at lunch times and walks home, even acting out the video, because we knew it so well.

Post Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, my love of My Chemical Romance waned. I really didn't like The Black Parade bar 'Famous Last Words' and 'I Don't Love You', and I especially detest the title song! But Three Cheers will always have a small space in my heart, I still own a CD copy, and it's never entirely left my iPod since it was first synced circa 2004 (8 years!!!). Quite amusingly, looking back, it was The Emo Age!

Anyways, if you're reading this, it has been projected forward, as at the time of writing my birthday is yet to happen! Hopefully, it will be a good one and a positive next decade! :)

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/news/
http://www.facebook.com/MyChemicalRomance
https://twitter.com/MCRofficial



No comments:

Post a Comment