Tuesday 9 October 2012

New Waves.. Charli XCX - 'So Far Away'



At last, I can post this! I first wrote it when Charli XCX's You're the One EP came out in the UK last month and contained the full version of 'So Far Away'. It's been on loop on my iPod since, and now it's got it's own video (after waiting a feed that I could link in this post'.

'So Far Away' made its debut on the Charli XCX mixtape, 'HEARTBREAKS AND EARTHQUAKES', and was easily one of the standout tracks for me! It's a moody lament to love and it ebbs and flows darkly. It was highly addictive and Charli's spoken word/semi-rapping segments have a greater outing here, taking up the verses - and it's a rather unique quality that I've not found under her contemporaries.

The track made a full length appearance on the You're the One EP, and judging from her posts on he Facebook profile, will be accompanied by a music video in the upcoming months!

Charli XCX is still on tour, currently with Coldplay (!) and will then undertake her first UK headline solo tour in November! Another outing I need to be at!

No comments:

Post a Comment