Wednesday 17 July 2013

New Waves.. Swim Deep - 'Crush'



Ladies and gents, what is this? A post? An actual post!?

Alas, I am back from the wilderness, and what better way to get us back on good, loving terms than giving you some of the loverly Swim Deep. The "B-Town" (can we just say 'Birmingham/Brum' yet?) band have unveiled the bonus track from their forthcoming debut album, Where The Heaven Are We. I admit, I find myself asking this question of Swim Deep myself, for that album appears to have been pushed back; I'm sure it was due out in June? Ah well, who cares, when we have a new nugget of noise to whet out appetites.

'Crush' is the sort of Swim Deep affair that made us latch onto them in the first place; this isn't the emotional and atmospheric sister of 'She Changes The Weather', this is the slightly awkward adolescent brother squeezed somewhere in between 'King City' and 'Honey' that is attempting to be sultry and vying to get himself noticed. Austin and Co are on top form here, with the singer stating 'Take my breath and make me crush, talk real slow so I won't rush, take me some place I won't wanna be' over an intensifying, glimmering guitar. If this is the bonus track that they're willing to share now, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album!

The bonus track itself is available when you pre-order on iTunes.
Where The Heaven Are We is also available in CD and vinyl direct from the Swim Deep Store.

http://swim-deep.tumblr.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SWIMDEEPUK
https://soundcloud.com/swimdeep

No comments:

Post a Comment