Saturday 26 January 2013

New Waves.. Charli XCX - 'You (HA HA HA)


I started writing this a few weeks back when the video first premiered, but alas here it is, late as is so often the case these days! Fortunately, it's not been so delayed as to have been deemed irrelevant - not that that's ever stopped me before.

You should all know by now because I say it so often that I am a mahusive Charli XCX fan! The single, 'You (Ha Ha Ha)', is the first new song to be revealed for her forthcoming, as-of-yet untitled album. The song samples Gold Panda's 'You' which, whilst being a great instrumental in it's own right, gains a new lease of life with the addition of Charli's lyrics. That being said, Charli's 'You' feels a tad repetitive and not as strong as some of her previous singles. I feel like a broken record in that I've said this on my previous few posts - however, both the 'SUPER ULTRA Mixtape' and especially 'Cloud Aura (feat. BROOKE CANDY)' have grown on me immensely, I'll eat my words! I think that for me, having been impressed with the lyrics for her first couple of singles, 'Stay Away' and 'Nuclear Seasons', I am always looking for such standards of brilliance. That being said, it's still a great pop track, and I'm still beyond excited for the album. I genuinely don't recall the last time the prospect of an album release has whet my appetite so much, I seriously can't wait! It will be on repeat for months!

The 'You (Ha Ha Ha)' EP is out on February 10th.

http://www.facebook.com/charlixcxmusic
http://charlixcxmusic.com/
https://twitter.com/charli_xcx

No comments:

Post a Comment