Tuesday 14 August 2012

New Waves.. Josh Kumra - 'Helicopters and Planes'


Apologies for the lack of, well, anything of substance for the past week! Once again, I've had other things to do and I've not really got around to writing stuff on here.

But last week, on a whim, I downloaded some new music to revitalise my ears whilst at work, namely:
  • Purity Ring - Shrines
  • Delilah - From The Roots Up
  • Lawson - Taking Over Me EP (cheesy, I know, I don't care! It's fun and makes me happy and reminds me of my bessie :)
  • Josh Kumra - Helicopters and Planes EP
  • Turbowolf - Selftitled
SO expect some reviews soon!

In other news, I'll most likely be getting the new Spector album, Enjoy It While It Lasts; as one of the main buzz bands this year (a la the annual 'BBC Sound of 20blah' poll), they're really one of the only acts, other than Charli XCX that I've gotten excited about!

ANYWAY this post was originally about up and coming singer-songwriter, Josh Kumra!

If he looks and sounds vaguely familiar to you, you'll be forgiven for thinking twice, as he was the guy who deelivered the vocal hook (probably the only thing that makes me like the song) in Wretch 32's UK number 1, 'Don't Go', 'don't leave, please stay, with me..!'. My current obsession with him began when I went to T4 on the Beach a month or so ago, and saw him perform with Wretch 32. His vocal was spot on and I ended up converting to liking the song, which I originally hated!

Moving on, this is his debut solo single, 'Helicopters and Planes'. At first it didn't strike me as anything too individual, but after a while I really got hooked on it! For £1.99 off iTunes (and 99p for the single on its own), it's worth buying the whole EP, and there are surprisingly good remixes on it!

http://www.facebook.com/joshkumra
http://www.joshkumra.com
https://twitter.com/JoshKumra

'Don't Go' acoustic


No comments:

Post a Comment