Friday 19 April 2013

Flashback Friday.. Best Coast - 'Boyfriend'


Soo, it's been a good while since we've seen this feature on here, hasn't it? Ahh well, onwards and upwards!

This week, us UK residents finally saw some vague hint of summer hit our shores (yayayay!) and I could not be happier! Our winter has absolutely dragged this year (snow in March, anyone?) and I am far past the point of humouring it any longer. So, vicious wind aside, this past week has been glorious; it's amazing how much a little bit of sunlight can make you feel that much better ♥

Therefore, ladies and gents, it is time to crack out some relevant summer choons! Cue - Best Coast! I admit, for me these are a relatively recent discovery, and I'm well aware that I'm about 2 years late to the party, but since being introduced to Best Coast by my boyf, I've become more than a little bit obsessed with their slightly grungy surf-pop sound, and especially with the haunting voice of singer, Bethany Cosentino.

'Boyfriend' is my favourite song at the moment, with Cosentino singing longingly to the boy of her dreams and wishing that it was she, and not the skinnier, prettier rival who adorned his arm. The band's 2010 debut, Crazy For You, is consistently good and pushes that whole lo-fi retro surfer vibe to full effect; it is definitely an album that you will fall in love with, and would make a fantastic CD of sing-a-long driving anthems if you so have the privilege (or if, like me, your weapon of transportation is a dingy bus)!

PS. Check out the Drew Barrymore directed MV for the Best Coast single, 'Our Deal' starring Chloe Moretz (Hit Girl Kicks Ass!) and Teen Wolf, Tyler Posey, it's a treat ;)


http://www.bestcoast.us/
https://www.facebook.com/bestcoast
https://twitter.com/best_coast

No comments:

Post a Comment